Wednesday 4 April 2012

Life gets in the way

Haven't stepped foot into the Caravan of Wrighteousness in ages... or thought much about the blog either. This pesky thing called life just keeps getting in the way.

Our landlord decided to sell up, so we had to find somewhere to live. In all honesty, I had started to think that we were going to have to get the Caravan of Wrighteousness water tight and move in there. Few real estate agents will rent to the self employed or the stay at home mum's (AKA slacker scum). Luckily we found a private rental and began the mammoth task of moving in. I still haven't finished unpacking.

I also recently learnt that their was no longer anything the doctor's treating my Grandfathers' cancer could do. I've been struggling with this, my Grandfather is an amazing man  who has had an incredible influence on my life, and the fact that our time on earth together is drawing to an end is heart breaking. Please keep my Grandad in your thoughts and, if you can, donate to the cancer council http://www.cancer.org.au/Getinvolved/donate.htm?gclid=CNrq8_XCnK8CFcODpAodH18pZw
in the hopes that one day there will be a cure, and great men like my Grandfather will not suffer and be taken from us too soon.

mmmm baby's first cake

And then we had Squiggle Butt's first birthday!!! The year has gone so fast. Other preemie parents would understand just how blessed you feel to have a healthy and happy one year old. I will never forget watching Squiggle Butt fight for each breath. Her tiny chest looked like it would collapse under the strain.Luckily that image is hard to reconcile with the chunky, giggly baby she has become.

So we will not be meeting the impossible deadline set by Spanner Wielder (this deadline might help you have some insight into just how crazy/unhinged he is!). We will be vacationing with my amazing grandparents in Victoria instead.

Hoping that life will move out of the way for a bit and  I can reignite my Caravan of Wrighteouness passion. Does anyone have some petrol?... and maybe a match....

No comments:

Post a Comment